A traditional Cataract Surgery involves the usage of blades and ultrasound to cure cataracts. Excess use of ultrasound used to break the dense cataract can adulterate the quality of vision after the surgery. Moreover, manual incisions lack precision. That being the case, an Advanced Laser surgery for cataract has become popular in the field known as the Femtosecond Laser Cataract Assisted Surgery or FLACS. It is to treat blurred vision with the highest possible precision.
Laser-assisted cataract surgery
Laser assisted cataract surgery utilizes computer-controlled robotic instruments to achieve greater precision and enhanced results. The laser is used to make the required incision as part of both – Phaco & MICS (Micro-incision cataract surgery) procedures instead of using a manual blade. The doctors also use laser to soften the cataract. They use it to segment it into manageable pieces as well. This is for its gently removal and the insertion of new IOL (Intraocular lens).
Let us now explore the benefits of laser cataract surgery
1. Laser surgery guarantees better vision than the traditional cataract treatments.
2. The precision of a laser is more reliable and safer compared to manual incisions.
3. This is a day care procedure promising rapid visual recovery.
4. This laser guided surgery also improves minor astigmatism, by fixing the imperfection in the curvature of your cornea or eye lens, thus giving you a better vision after the surgery.
5. This is a non-invasive bladeless technique and thus does not involve any cuts or stiches.
All in all, Femtosecond Laser Surgery for cataract is the most advanced cataract surgery till date that promises a safe procedure and improved vision in a day’s time.
If you are looking for a reliable cataract treatment, you have come to the right place.
Medfin has the most experienced eye surgeons and fully equipped hospitals with advanced technology for the most advanced laser cataract surgery. In addition, our team will handle your surgical journey right from the diagnosis to post-surgery care along with your insurance claim and paperwork.
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu__aQbRsZU” title=”About Medfin”]
To consult an expert Medfin surgeon near you or to know more about us, please call us on 7026200200. You can also Whatsapp us on 7406557599 (click here to initiate a whatsapp chat).