- Consultant Interventional Radiologist with over 5 years of experience.
- Specialized in latest minimal invasive treatment for Varicose veins, Deep vein thrombosis, uterine fibroids and enlarged prostate.
- He has performed over 3000+ procedures.
- Also maintained an over 96% success rate for varicose veins treatment.
About the doctor
Dr. Rohit Madhurkar is a Consultant Interventional Radiologist at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru.Patient care and tailored clinical approach is an elemental component of his daily practice. .
He is highly skilled at Transplant related interventions and handling critical complications. Also, engaged in Life saving interventions like Post-Partum haemorrhage, haemoptysis, GI bleeders and bleeder following trauma.
Dr. Rohit has performed more than 3000 procedures and has presented at various International and National Interventional Radiology platforms. His practice involves advanced minimally invasive treatments, making it patient compliance with scar less, day care and blood less procedures.
Procedures / Surgeries conducted
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE)
- EVLT / Sclerotherapy / MOCA for Varicose Vein management
- Prostrate Artery Embolization (PAE) for prostate enlargement (BPH)
- TransArterial Chemo/Radio Embolization (TACE/TARE) for liver tumors
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) / Micro Wave Ablations (MWA) for tumors
- Percutaneous Biliary interventions - drainage & stenting
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt Stenting (TIPSS)
- Endovascular restoration of Dialysis AV fistula
- Arterio-Venous Malformation Management
- Emergency bleeder interventions – for hematemesis, trauma, hemoptysis, post partum hemorrhage.
Qualifications & Experience
- MBBS from RGUHS, Dharwad, 2010
- MD in Radio Diagnosis from Yenepoya University, Mangalore, 2014
- FIR (PDCC)in Interventional Radiology from HCG, Bangalore, 2015
- Fellowship in Interventional Radiology - HCG, Bangalore
- Member - Indian Society of Vascular Interventional Radiology (ISVIR)
- Member - Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (CIRSE)
- Member - Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA)
- Member - Asia Pacific Society of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology (APSCVIR)